Kentucky Real Estate License Requirements
- General Requirements: You must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED in order to become licensed in Kentucky.
- Education requirements: Complete either 6 credit hours in real estate courses from an accredited college or 96 classroom hours in real estate classes from an approved proprietary school.
- Background check: Applicants must complete a FBI criminal background check prior to taking the licensure exam.
- Exam requirements: Applicants must pass both the general and state sections of the Kentucky Licensing Exam with a score of 75% or higher.
- Beginning JULY 1, 2015, candidates who pass one portion of the Kentucky Salesperson or Kentucky Broker exam (national or state law) and fail the other portion may retake the failed portion within 4 months of passing the first portion. After 4 months of the initial testing date, both portions must be retaken. Once both portions have been passed, within the required 4 month period, a candidate will be given the application form at the testing center and will have 60 days to apply for their license. After 60 days, the entire exam is voided.
- Application requirements: You must apply for a real estate sales associate license within 60 days of passing your real estate exam.
3 Reasons Why You Should Get A Kentucky Real Estate License
- Unlimited Earning Potential: With a real estate license, you have the potential to earn as much as you want. Your income is not limited by a salary or hourly wage, so you can earn as much as you are willing to work for.
- Flexibility: As a licensed real estate agent, you have the freedom to set your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. This allows you to balance your work and personal life in a way that works best for you.
- Helping People: As a real estate agent, you have the opportunity to help people achieve their dreams of owning a home or investing in property. This can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding, both personally and professionally.
Overall, getting a real estate license is a great way to make more money, enjoy flexibility and independence, and make a positive impact on others.
“Did You Find What You Need?” For Additional Resources & Testing: