How to Get an Oklahoma Insurance License
Do You Qualify for an Insurance License?
See the Following Prerequisites:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Possess a Social Security number
1. Complete a Pre-licensing Course
If you would like to sell insurance as an insurance producer in Oklahoma, you must pass a licensing exam. To prepare for the licensing exam, you should take an insurance course. All courses are cross-referenced with the exam content outline.
2. Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher or electronic check. You can make a reservation through the following methods:
- Online: www.prometric.com/oklahoma/insurance
- Phone: (888) 597-8223
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification:
- A primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired) such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- A secondary ID (signature, not expired) such as a Debit or Credit card
- Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to verify identification and be photographed.
- All testing sessions are video and audio recorded.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing room such as cell phones, watches, wallets, or purses.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- Each exam contains “experimental” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Experimental questions may not be covered in the candidate’s educational materials and do not affect your final score!
- The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, your score will be displayed on the screen and you will receive a printed score report. The score report will include whether you passed or failed, the overall percentage score, and percentage correct for each of the major sections of the exam.
- Prometric notifies the Department of Insurance your exam results within 3 business days.
- Candidates who do not pass can schedule the exam again with no waiting period.
|Oklahoma Exam Information|
|Exam Name/License Type/Class||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|Life||2 hrs 30 min||100|
|Accident and Health||2 hrs 30 min||100|
|Life, Accident & Health||3 hrs 30 min||150|
|Property – Personal & Commercial (Producer Only)||2 hrs||75|
|Casualty – Personal & Commercial (Producer Only)||2 hrs||75|
|Property & Casualty Producer – Personal & Commercial||3 hrs 30 min||150|
|P/C Personal Producer – does not include Commercial||2 hrs 30 min||100|
|Property & Casualty – Motor Vehicle Included (Adjuster)||2 hrs 15 min||85|
|Casualty Adjuster (Only)||1 hr||35|
|Property Adjuster (Only) Motor Vehicle Included||1 hr 15 min||50|
3. Apply for License
Allow 3 business days for Prometric to report your score to the state, then apply for your license by completing an application at www.licensing.oid.ok.gov.
Average Salary | Oklahoma Insurance Agent
- $91,119 per year (29% above national average) *Credit: Indeed
“Did You Find What You Need?” For Additional Resources & Testing:
- Exam Prep Course and Study Tools (Click Here)
Disclaimer: Course requirements and pricing are subject to change. Students are advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to purchase. All courses offered on this site are processed and administered through third-party companies. Cameron.Academy does not process payments nor issue refunds. Responsibilities of the user-selected third-party company (or companies) include publishing and updating content, payment processing and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring, grading, reporting, issuing certification (paper and/or digital), and providing various products. Average salary statistics may vary and are published by third-party sites. Cameron.Academy does not assume responsibility for this third-party data and users should independently research its’ accuracy. All customer and/or technical support will be provided through the user-selected third-party. Therefore, Cameron.Academy does not assume any responsibility nor liability for issues that may arise as a result of purchasing these third-party courses and/or products.