How to Get a Wisconsin Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License
Wisconsin Mortgage License Requirements
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC)
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by Wisconsin
- Pass the National Test
- Maintain a clean regulatory background: An applicant shall not have had a mortgage loan originator license revoked in any governmental jurisdiction, unless the revocation was subsequently and formally vacated
- Company Association: A mortgage loan originator must act on behalf of a licensed mortgage banker or mortgage broker. Therefore, each mortgage loan originator must identify the mortgage banker or mortgage broker with whom he or she will be employed if a mortgage loan originator license is issued
Steps to Get a Wisconsin Mortgage License
- Obtain an NMLS Unique Identifier: Register for an account on statemortgageregistry.com and request a unique identifier number
- Criminal Background Check: Authorize a Federal (FBI) and state criminal background check through NMLS
- Pre-License Education Requirements: Complete the 20 hours of NMLS-approved education, including federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage lending, and electives
- Pass the National Test: Take and pass the SAFE Act National Test with Uniform State Test (UST). A score of 75% or better is required to pass
- Company Association: Identify and secure employment with a licensed mortgage banker or mortgage broker
Launch your career as a mortgage loan originator in Wisconsin with our 20-Hour SAFE Act Pre-License Course. This online, self-paced course meets Wisconsin’s education requirements and covers essential topics such as federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage lending, and electives.
- Online, self-paced learning
- Comprehensive coverage of required topics
- Interactive quizzes and practice exams
- Expert instructor support
- Accessible on any device, anytime
Start your mortgage career with Cameron Academy’s MLO License Course – an engaging online course offering education and support for success in the mortgage field. Enroll today and make a meaningful difference as a Mortgage Loan Originator!
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.