How to Get Your Alabama Real Estate Sales Agent License
Steps to Obtaining Your Alabama Real Estate Sales Agent License
- Meet Alabama Real Estate License Requirements
- Complete an approved 60-hour Alabama Real Estate Pre-License Course.
- Pass the Real Estate Licensing Examination.
- Complete a 30-hour Post-License Training Course within the first twelve months of licensure to be issued an original (permanent) license.
If you’re looking to become a licensed real estate sales agent in Alabama, follow these steps to obtain your license. If you do not currently hold a real estate license in another state, complete the following steps:
Step 1. Fulfill the eligibility criteria. To apply for an Alabama real estate sales agent license, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien, or legally present in the U.S.
- Be at least 19 years old
- Provide proof of bona fide residency in any U.S. state
- Provide proof of high school graduation or its equivalent
- Have no convictions for a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years
Step 2. Complete the approved 60-hour Alabama real estate pre-license course.
Before taking the Alabama state real estate license exam, you must successfully finish an approved 60-hour pre-license course. You have 12 months to pass the state exam after completing the course. If you miss the deadline, you must retake the course.
Step 3. Pass the real estate licensing examination.
After fulfilling the education and/or experience requirements, you must pass the real estate licensing exam with a score of 70% or higher. You have 6 months to pass the state exam after completing the course. If you do not meet these deadlines, you must retake the course.
Step 4. Complete the 30-hour post-license training course.
Within the first twelve months of licensure, complete a 30-hour post-license training course to be issued an original (permanent) license. The course must be completed and the original license issued within the first six months to maintain an active license.
Note: If you already hold a real estate license in another state, you may obtain an Alabama RECIPROCAL license.
Why Become a Real Estate Agent?
A real estate agent is an inspiring, multifaceted professional who not only assists clients in buying, selling, or renting properties but also makes dreams come true by helping individuals and families find the perfect place to call home. When you embark on the journey of becoming a real estate agent, you acquire invaluable skills such as effective communication, negotiation, and a deep understanding of the real estate market, all of which enable you to excel in this exciting and dynamic industry. The passion and dedication of a real estate agent have the power to transform lives, making the profession not only financially rewarding but also personally fulfilling. By stepping into the world of real estate, you unlock unlimited potential to make a lasting impact on the lives of countless people and build a successful, vibrant career.
3 Reasons to Get a Alabama Real Estate License
- Unleash Unlimited Earning Potential: A real estate license opens the door to a career with no salary cap, where your hustle and ambition directly influence your income, allowing you to secure the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of.
- Enjoy Flexible Work Hours: Experience the joy of having control over your schedule, as obtaining a real estate license gives you the freedom to balance your work and personal life, making time for your passions and loved ones.
- Accelerate Personal Growth: A real estate license challenges you to develop essential life skills, such as negotiation, communication, and problem-solving, fostering personal and professional growth while making you a more well-rounded individual.
Please note that as of January 3, 2023, Pearson VUE will replace PSI as the licensing examination provider. The national portion of the salesperson license examination will change, but the state portion will remain the same.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to become an Alabama Real Estate Sales Agent. Enroll in our Livestream course and take the first step!
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.