How to Get a California Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) DRE License
California Mortgage License Requirements
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC)
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS demonstrating financial responsibility
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency
- Pass the National Component
Steps to Get a California Mortgage License
- Enroll in the California Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) 20-Hour DRE and SAFE Act Pre-License Course
- Attend the live, interactive webinar covering all necessary topics required by the SAFE Act and California DRE
- Engage in group Q&A sessions and discussions during the course
- Download course materials for federal and state exam preparation
- Complete the course and pass the National Component
The California Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) 20-Hour DRE and SAFE Act Pre-License Course offers a comprehensive education tailored to California’s unique requirements for aspiring mortgage loan originators under the Department of Real Estate (DRE). The live, interactive webinar covers all necessary topics required by the SAFE Act and California DRE, including federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage lending, and electives.
- 20-Hour DRE and SAFE Act Pre-License Webinar
- Live, interactive instruction with a course facilitator
- Engaging group Q&A sessions and discussions
- Ability to download course materials for federal and state exam preparation
3 Benefits of a Career in the Mortgage Industry
- Increased Earning Potential: With an MLO License, you can tap into the lucrative mortgage industry, where median salaries range from $60,000 to $70,000, with top performers earning over $100,000 annually (source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2021). The potential for growth and higher commissions increases with experience and a proven track record.
- Making a Tangible Impact: MLOs play a pivotal role in helping 65.8% of American households (source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2021) achieve homeownership. As an MLO, you facilitate the process of securing dream homes and financial stability for families, leaving a lasting impression on their lives.
- Continuous Learning and Career Growth: The mortgage industry is continuously evolving, with over 5.64 million homes sold in the U.S. in 2020 (source: National Association of Realtors, 2021). As an MLO, you’ll stay updated on market trends, regulations, and innovative lending solutions, ensuring long-term professional development and a rewarding career.
Start your mortgage career with Cameron Academy’s MLO License Course – an engaging online course offering education and support for success in the mortgage field. Enroll today and make a meaningful difference as a Mortgage Loan Originator!
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.