How to Get a Indiana Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) DFI License
Indiana Mortgage License Requirements
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC)
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency
- Take and pass a National Test
- Review past licensure actions
Steps to Get a Indiana Mortgage License
- Enroll in the Indiana Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) 20-Hour DFI and SAFE Act Pre-License Course
- Complete the required 20 hours of NMLS-approved education, including federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage lending training, and electives
- Ensure education is completed during the 3 years immediately preceding the date of application as per 750 Indiana Administrative Code 9-3- 5(g)
- Prepare for and pass the National Test
- Submit your license application through NMLS, along with the required background check, credit report authorization, and documentation of completed education
The Indiana Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) 20-Hour DFI and SAFE Act Pre-License Course provides a comprehensive online education designed to meet the unique requirements of mortgage loan originators in Indiana. This course covers all necessary topics required by the SAFE Act and Indiana DFI, including federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage lending training, and electives.
- 20-Hour SAFE Act Pre-License Course
- Online, self-paced learning
- Comprehensive coverage of federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage lending training, and electives
- Designed to meet Indiana DFI requirements
- Interactive course materials and quizzes to enhance learning
3 Benefits of a Career in the Mortgage Industry
- Increased Earning Potential: With an MLO License, you can tap into the lucrative mortgage industry, where median salaries range from $60,000 to $70,000, with top performers earning over $100,000 annually (source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2021). The potential for growth and higher commissions increases with experience and a proven track record.
- Making a Tangible Impact: MLOs play a pivotal role in helping 65.8% of American households (source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2021) achieve homeownership. As an MLO, you facilitate the process of securing dream homes and financial stability for families, leaving a lasting impression on their lives.
- Continuous Learning and Career Growth: The mortgage industry is continuously evolving, with over 5.64 million homes sold in the U.S. in 2020 (source: National Association of Realtors, 2021). As an MLO, you’ll stay updated on market trends, regulations, and innovative lending solutions, ensuring long-term professional development and a rewarding career.
Start your mortgage career with Cameron Academy’s MLO License Course – an engaging online course offering education and support for success in the mortgage field. Enroll today and make a meaningful difference as a Mortgage Loan Originator!
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.