Maryland Property & Casualty Insurance Agent Pre-License Course: Start Your Insurance Career Today!
Qualifications for the Maryland Insurance License
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must not have committed any disqualifying criminal offenses
- Must be a legal resident or hold a non-resident license in another state
Maryland Insurance License Requirements
- Life: 20 Hours
- Accident and Health: 20 Hours
- Property: 20 Hours
- Casualty: 20 Hours
- Personal Lines: 20 Hours
Steps to Get a Maryland Insurance License
- Complete a Maryland approved pre-licensing course: This mandatory course prepares candidates for the state licensing exam and must be completed unless an exemption has been granted by the Maryland Insurance Administration.
- Pass the Maryland Licensing Exam: After completing the pre-licensing course, candidates must pass the state licensing exam. The exam content is based on Maryland licensing exams, ensuring candidates are well-prepared.
- Obtain a Certificate of Completion: Education providers will confirm eligibility to Prometric upon successful completion of the course. Candidates must then register and schedule their examination with Prometric.
- Apply for a Maryland Insurance License: Candidates who pass the state licensing exam must apply for their insurance license within 6 months of successfully completing the examination through NIPR at www.nipr.com.
- Receive your National Producer Number (NPN): After submitting your license application, you will be assigned an NPN, which is used to track individuals and business entities on a national basis.
This comprehensive online pre-license course prepares candidates for the Maryland Property & Casualty Insurance Agent exam. The course covers essential topics such as insurance concepts, policy provisions, and state-specific regulations. With a combination of self-paced learning, practice exams, and video lectures, this course is designed to help candidates effectively prepare for the state licensing exam and start their careers as insurance agents.
- Self-paced online learning: Study at your own pace with our easy-to-navigate online platform.
- Customizable Study Calendar: Plan your exam preparation based on your study time frame and exam date.
- InsurancePro™ QBank: Practice your test-taking skills and focus on areas of weakness with quizzes.
- Video Library: Access additional clarification on exam topics you may be having trouble understanding.
- Mastery Exam: Test your performance with a final review before the actual state licensing exam.
What is a Property & Casualty Insurance Agent?
A Property & Casualty Insurance Agent is a licensed insurance professional who specializes in selling and servicing insurance policies that protect individuals and businesses from financial loss due to property damage, liability claims, and other risks. They help clients assess their insurance needs and find the right coverage to protect their assets, and they work with insurance companies to negotiate policy terms and handle claims.
How Do Property & Casualty Insurance Agents Make Money?
Property & Casualty Insurance Agents make money through commissions earned on the insurance policies they sell. The commission is a percentage of the premium paid by the client, and it varies depending on the type of policy and the insurance company. As agents build their client base and sell more policies, their income can increase substantially.
3 Benefits of Becoming a Property & Casualty Insurance Agent:
- Financial Stability: Insurance agents earn a competitive salary with potential for growth and additional earnings through commissions and bonuses.
- Flexibility: Many insurance agents have the freedom to set their own schedules and work at their own pace, allowing for better work-life balance.
- Helping Others: Insurance agents play a vital role in protecting clients’ financial well-being by helping them navigate complex insurance decisions and finding the best coverage for their needs.
Enroll with Cameron Academy today and begin your journey to a rewarding career as an insurance agent. Our expertly designed Insurance Agent Pre-License Course is your key to unlocking success in the insurance industry.
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.