How to Renew Your New Mexico Insurance Agent License
New Mexico Insurance License Renewal Requirements
- Complete 24 hours of CE biennially, including 3 hours of Ethics
- Complete at least 3 hours of CE through a formal classroom or interactive learning format
- Complete an initial 8-hour long-term care course, followed by a 4-hour refresher course every 24 months (for life and/or accident/health agents)
- Complete a one-time 3-hour training course on flood insurance and the NFIP (for agents selling flood insurance)
Steps to Renew a New Mexico Insurance License
- Complete the required 24 hours of CE, including ethics, long-term care, and flood insurance courses
- Ensure at least 3 hours of CE are earned through a formal classroom or interactive learning format
- Pass the closed book online certification exam with a minimum score of 70%
- Complete CE requirements by the last day of your birth month every two years
- Submit proof of home state compliance and CE filing fee by the compliance due date (for non-residents)
- Stay up-to-date with the latest insurance trends and state requirements with Cameron Academy’s New Mexico Insurance Agent Continuing Education Course. This comprehensive course covers life, health, property, and casualty insurance, long-term care, and flood insurance to meet state requirements.
- In-depth and relevant content for insurance professionals
- Flexible learning options, including online, correspondence, company seminars, classroom, and computer-based training
- Timely reporting to the New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance
- Unlimited exam retakes for optimal learning outcomes
3 Common Penalties of Late License Renewal
- Fines and fees: Late renewals may result in additional fines and fees.
- License suspension: Failure to renew your license on time may lead to license suspension, which can impact your ability to work in the industry.
- Reinstatement process: Late renewals may require agents to go through the reinstatement process, which can be time-consuming and costly.
Why Choose Cameron Academy
Our expertly crafted content, flexible learning options, and dedicated support ensure you receive the best education possible. Our user-friendly platform, competitive pricing, and timely reporting make completing your license renewal requirements a seamless experience. Join the thousands of satisfied students who have successfully completed their courses with us and invest in your future. Enroll with Cameron Academy today and feel the passion we have for empowering insurance professionals like you!
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.