How to Get a Puerto Rico Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License
Puerto Rico Mortgage License Requirements
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC)
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS demonstrating financial responsibility
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by Puerto Rico
- Take and pass a National Test
- Be sponsored by a Puerto Rico-licensed company
Steps to Get a Puerto Rico Mortgage License
- Complete a Criminal Background Check: Submit fingerprints for a thorough criminal background check to ensure compliance with state requirements.
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS: Grant permission for the NMLS to access your credit report, demonstrating financial responsibility.
- Fulfill state and federal education requirements: Complete the necessary pre-licensing education, including the 20-hour SAFE Act course, to meet state and federal guidelines.
- Pass the National Test: Successfully pass the National Test to demonstrate your understanding of mortgage industry laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Obtain sponsorship from a Puerto Rico-licensed company: Secure a sponsorship from a licensed company in Puerto Rico to begin your MLO career.
Cameron Academy’s online 20-Hour SAFE Act Pre-License Course is designed to meet the Puerto Rico mortgage education requirements for obtaining a mortgage loan originator license. This comprehensive course covers federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage lending, and electives, providing you with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed as an MLO in Puerto Rico.
- Online, self-paced learning
- Engaging content, including interactive quizzes and multimedia presentations
- Expert support from experienced instructors
- Meets NMLS-approved education requirements
- Course completion certificate provided upon successful completion
Start your mortgage career with Cameron Academy’s MLO License Course – an engaging online course offering education and support for success in the mortgage field. Enroll today and make a meaningful difference as a Mortgage Loan Originator!
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.