West Virginia Life & Health Insurance Agent Pre-License Course: Start Your Insurance Career Today!
Qualifications for the West Virginia Insurance License
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Possess a Social Security number
- Must not have committed any disqualifying criminal offenses
West Virginia Insurance License Requirements
- Life: 20 Hours
- Accident & Health or Sickness: 20 Hours
- Life, Accident & Health or Sickness: 40 Hours
- Property & Casualty: 40 Hours
- Personal Lines: 20 Hours
- Acceptable Methods of Education: Classroom, Self-study, Online (course final exam must be monitored by a disinterested third party)
- Prelicensing Education Exemptions for specific designations, certifications, or degrees (see original text for details)
Steps to Get a West Virginia Insurance License
- Complete an Insurance Prelicensing Course: Enroll in Cameron Academy’s West Virginia Life and Health Insurance Agent Pre-License Course to maximize your chances of passing the state licensing exam.
- Pass Your West Virginia Licensing Exam: After completing the prelicensing course, pass the state licensing exam, ensuring you have your Certificate of Prelicensing Course Completion for admittance to the test center.
- Get Fingerprinted: Schedule fingerprinting through IdentoGo and have them sent to the West Virginia Insurance Commission. Keep the receipt with the 12-digit TCN number.
- Apply for a West Virginia Insurance License: Apply electronically through the NIPR website (www.nipr.com) or by using the paper application. Fax a copy of the fingerprint receipt from the IdentoGo center to the Licensing Division at 304-558-4966.
- Obtain Your National Producer Number (NPN): You will be assigned an NPN, a unique identifier used to track individuals and business entities on a national basis.
Cameron Academy’s West Virginia Life and Health Insurance Agent Pre-License Course is designed to provide you with comprehensive and effective preparation for the state licensing exam. Our online course offers tailored content to ensure you are well-equipped to pass the exam on your first attempt.
- Customizable Study Calendar: Plan your exam preparation with our easy-to-use study calendar based on your study time frame and exam date.
- Online Exam Prep Course: Access our comprehensive self-study online course designed to cover all topics on the West Virginia Life and Health Insurance Agent licensing exam.
- InsurancePro™ QBank: Practice your test-taking skills and focus on areas of weakness with quizzes in the InsurancePro™ QBank.
- Video Library: Utilize our video library for additional clarification on exam topics you may find challenging.
- Mastery Exam: Gauge your performance with our Mastery Exam for a final review before taking the actual state licensing exam.
What is a Life & Health Insurance Agent?
A Life & Health Insurance Agent provides guidance and advice on insurance products to help individuals and families find the right coverage for their needs and budget. They are knowledgeable professionals who can help navigate the complex world of insurance, answering questions and finding solutions. Their expertise can provide peace of mind and ensure that you and your loved ones are protected.
How Do Life & Health Insurance Agents Make Money?
Health & Life Insurance Agents make money through commissions earned on the insurance products they sell. The amount of commission varies depending on the product and the insurance company, but it’s typically a percentage of the premium paid by the client. As agents build their client base and sell more insurance products, their income can increase substantially, making it a lucrative career.
3 Benefits of Becoming a Life & Health Insurance Agent:
- Financial Stability: Insurance agents earn a competitive salary with potential for growth and additional earnings through commissions and bonuses.
- Flexibility: Many insurance agents have the freedom to set their own schedules and work at their own pace, allowing for better work-life balance.
- Helping Others: Insurance agents play a vital role in protecting clients’ financial well-being by helping them navigate complex insurance decisions and finding the best coverage for their needs.
Enroll with Cameron Academy today and begin your journey to a rewarding career as an insurance agent. Our expertly designed Insurance Agent Pre-License Course is your key to unlocking success in the insurance industry.
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.