West Virginia Property & Casualty Insurance Agent Pre-License Course: Start Your Insurance Career Today!
Qualifications for the West Virginia Insurance License
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must not have committed any disqualifying criminal offenses
- Must be a legal resident or hold a non-resident license in another state
West Virginia Insurance License Requirements
- Life: 20 Hours
- Accident & Health or Sickness: 20 Hours
- Life, Accident & Health or Sickness: 40 Hours
- Property & Casualty: 40 Hours
- Personal Lines: 20 Hours
- Acceptable Methods of Education: Classroom, Self-study, Online (course final exam must be monitored by a disinterested third party)
- Prelicensing Education Exemptions for specific designations, certifications, or degrees (see original text for details)
Steps to Get a West Virginia Insurance License
- Complete an Insurance Prelicensing Course: Enroll in Cameron Academy’s West Virginia Property and Casualty Insurance Agent Pre-License Course to maximize your chances of passing the state licensing exam.
- Pass Your West Virginia Licensing Exam: After completing the prelicensing course, pass the state licensing exam, ensuring you have your Certificate of Prelicensing Course Completion for admittance to the test center.
- Get Fingerprinted: Schedule fingerprinting through IdentoGo and have them sent to the West Virginia Insurance Commission. Keep the receipt with the 12-digit TCN number.
- Apply for a West Virginia Insurance License: Apply electronically through the NIPR website (www.nipr.com) or by using the paper application. Fax a copy of the fingerprint receipt from the IdentoGo center to the Licensing Division at 304-558-4966.
- Obtain Your National Producer Number (NPN): You will be assigned an NPN, a unique identifier used to track individuals and business entities on a national basis.
Cameron Academy’s West Virginia Property and Casualty Insurance Agent Pre-License Course is designed to provide you with comprehensive and effective preparation for the state licensing exam. Our online course offers tailored content to ensure you are well-equipped to pass the exam on your first attempt.
- Customizable Study Calendar: Plan your exam preparation with our easy-to-use study calendar based on your study time frame and exam date.
- Online Exam Prep Course: Access our comprehensive self-study online course designed to cover all topics on the West Virginia Property and Casualty Insurance Agent licensing exam.
- InsurancePro™ QBank: Practice your test-taking skills and focus on areas of weakness with quizzes in the InsurancePro™ QBank.
- Video Library: Utilize our video library for additional clarification on exam topics you may find challenging.
- Mastery Exam: Gauge your performance with our Mastery Exam for a final review before taking the actual state licensing exam.
What is a Property & Casualty Insurance Agent?
A Property & Casualty Insurance Agent is a licensed insurance professional who specializes in selling and servicing insurance policies that protect individuals and businesses from financial loss due to property damage, liability claims, and other risks. They help clients assess their insurance needs and find the right coverage to protect their assets, and they work with insurance companies to negotiate policy terms and handle claims.
How Do Property & Casualty Insurance Agents Make Money?
Property & Casualty Insurance Agents make money through commissions earned on the insurance policies they sell. The commission is a percentage of the premium paid by the client, and it varies depending on the type of policy and the insurance company. As agents build their client base and sell more policies, their income can increase substantially.
3 Benefits of Becoming a Property & Casualty Insurance Agent:
- Financial Stability: Insurance agents earn a competitive salary with potential for growth and additional earnings through commissions and bonuses.
- Flexibility: Many insurance agents have the freedom to set their own schedules and work at their own pace, allowing for better work-life balance.
- Helping Others: Insurance agents play a vital role in protecting clients’ financial well-being by helping them navigate complex insurance decisions and finding the best coverage for their needs.
Enroll with Cameron Academy today and begin your journey to a rewarding career as an insurance agent. Our expertly designed Insurance Agent Pre-License Course is your key to unlocking success in the insurance industry.
Disclaimer: Course requirements, content, and pricing are subject to change without prior notice. Students are strongly advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to making any purchase. Cameron Academy does not directly administer or process any courses offered on this site, and all such courses are managed and administered through designated third-party companies.
Cameron Academy assumes no responsibility for payment processing nor issuing refunds, as these tasks are solely the responsibility of the user-selected third-party company (or companies). The designated third-party is responsible for, but not limited to, publishing and updating course content, processing payments and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring student progress, grading, reporting, issuing certifications (both paper and digital), and providing various products and services related to the courses.
All customer and/or technical support for courses offered on this site will be provided exclusively through the user-selected third-party company. Cameron Academy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for issues, disputes, or claims that may arise as a result of purchasing or using these third-party courses and/or products. By enrolling in any course offered on this site, the user agrees to release Cameron Academy from any liability related to the courses, products, or services provided by the third-party company.